Training for Sustainability in Italy
August 4 - September 1, 2018
The systemic approach of the Gaia Education Ecovillage Design Curriculum, to designing sustainable communities globally was an unique contribution to the UN's Decade of Education for Sustainable Development, 2005-2014.
Gaia Education is an active member of UNESCO's Global Action Programme on Education for Sustainable Development. The UNESCO GAP on ESD is a global effort to generate and scale up action in all levels and areas of education and learning to accelerate progress towards sustainable development.
Damanhur is a Key Partner in the implementation of the Global Action Programme on Education for Sustainable Development.
Goals of this course include:
- exploring solutions and experiencing effective models to transform society
- sharing 40 years of experience in creating a sustainable society
- transmitting design and implementation skills for effective projects
- restoring nature and building community on our planet
- building global consciousness for local action
- developing an artistic approach to life and problem solving
- exploring the importance of spirituality and creating sacred space in building new societies
- enhancing effective collaboration skills
You will gain:
- a Gaia Education Certificate as EDE designer
- integrative design skills in four areas of sustainability: ecology, economy, social aspects & worldview
- basic tools for setting up EDE-courses in your region
- personal coaching and empowerment
- new friends, ideas, inspiration and hope!
Costs and funding opportunities
Course fee: € 1100
Food and accommodation not included (different options available, contact us for more information).
Reduced course fee for young people up to age 25. Scholarships may be available for people from developing countries.
The course will be held in English. Program details
Contact us or +39 348 6432318.
This course is in coordination with Gaia Education, a program associated with the Global Ecovillage Network, and Damanhur Education.