After 40-plus years of thriving as a community with as many as 600 individuals, Damanhur has observed the social model of community life from every possible angle. We've used our creativity and higher channels of inspiration and knowledge to reimagine the best way to co-exist in solidarity. Living together is an art and a lost archetype, according to the teachings of Damanhur founder Falco Tarassaco. He believed that the loss of community has disempowered individuals and slowed down our collective evolution; but we still carry the "mold" of this archetype and we can recover it.
Download program details
The Three-Year Course
In the Community School, participants are taken through a three-year training program that covers all aspects of community building based on the multi-faceted experiences of Damanhurians and other affiliated communities. Damanhur's practical experience enables our course instructors to share their knowledge—both theoretical and practical—of tested models for transforming all aspects of community life into an evolutionary and artistic path.
The Community School takes place over three years, structured as a 16-day intensive, held once a year (suitable for those who travel from a distance) and include practical experiences of living together, both with the instructors and only among students, in order to understand and practice the addressed theoretical concepts in everyday life. The personal growth of the individuals and the group—as well as the issues raised by the groups that participate to increase their community experience—is facilitated and followed by tutors, who serve as reference points supporting the participants.
In this course, participants will study and enter into deep discussion around:
- Relational dynamics and positive, constructive communication skills.
- Co-living as a family and dealing with conflicts.
- How to build a successful community—the risks and rewards.
- Every aspect of social life, including education, health, economy, personal and collective growth, organization and more.
- Spiritual Physics as an important training method to understand human nature, our inner personalities and the structure of the soul.
The whole program is interwoven with different playful dynamics, which challenge personal limitations, and through the Damanhurian game of Risk, a real training field for abilities and diplomatic skills all to be discovered.
Who Should Attend This Course
This course is perfect for anyone who desires to:
- Build an intentional community.
- Consider living as part of a shared community.
- Understand community life better to improve their current living situation.
- Bring a community mindset into their existing groups, including work, hobbies and cultural activities.
Why This Course is Important Now
We are now in a time of epochal change. The age of individualism is over and the new emerging reality is the human collective. Everywhere, on all levels, the essential need to connect and live with equality is being revealed. Both in the workplace and in our private lives, we no longer need to depend on a leader, but live a path of realization together. (Even scientific research has become more integrative.) In order to live with this higher ideal, we must reorient ourselves around the collective and create a culture of feeling. In Damanhur, this means to teach with love, and in order to understand it, it has to be lived.